Every year a vast selection of healthcare conferences, expos and tradeshows are carried out throughout the country. Undeniably, some of these shows provide greater target-rich environments for prospecting and lead-gen, opportunities to showcase or advertise your product, and to establish your company or brand as a leader in the industry. Let’s look at some of the top shows for Population Health, Health Benefits, and Health Plans for 2017.
3 things to consider before choosing your show
However, before selecting a show, which can be an expensive proposition if you include travel, lodging and exhibition costs, carefully evaluate the following criteria to ensure it’s a good fit.
1. Does the show have the right sponsors? Make sure the show’s sponsors have a good reputation in your industry – especially regarding market trends that are most important to your target customers.
2. Does the show have the right mix of attendees? Aside from demographics and job titles, pre and post attendee lists are great resources to maximize exposure – however not all shows offer these lists and even then, some do not offer contact information. Carefully review the show website to determine a fit and speak with a conference representative to get further details.
3. Location matters! Not just the physical location of the show, which in and of itself is important to consider, but the location of your booth (you don’t want to end up in expo “Siberia”). Request a floor plan and strategize based on crowd flow and adjacent competition.
With that information in mind, here are a few of the top 2017 shows for folks trying to influence self-funded employers, brokers, TPA and other.
The attendance profile for this event includes:
- Benefits Analysts and Benefit Service Providers
- Senior Executives: 106,800 senior-level benefits decision-makers across all platforms, comprising HR executives and benefits directors, whose sphere of responsibility and influence spans health and retirement plans, voluntary benefits, legal and regulatory compliance, employee training and development, benefits procurement, technology, strategic direction and finance.
Sponsorship and Advertising Opportunities:
- F&B sponsorship
- Wi-Fi sponsorship
- Tote Bags
- Sessions Hosting
- Pre and post attendee lists are provided with contact information
Billed as “the essential event for the health care industry,” attendees at AHIP’s annual expo boast the following stats:
- 20% senior leadership
- 11% C-Suite
- 62% decision makers
- And, fully 73% of participants attended sponsored sessions
Each exhibitor typically receives an average of 50 leads
This event brings together nearly 5,000 peers, including:
- Taft-Hartley fund trustees
- Benefit Consultants
- Attorneys, accountants and actuaries
- Coalition leaders
- Fund administrators and managers
- Educational sessions at this program can qualify for CEBS continuing professional education (CPE) credit.
- Complimentary exhibitor assistant
- Prize drawings
This blog post is meant to serve as a starting point. More research, and consideration is needed to choose the best tradeshow options that meet your specific needs. Tradeshows are typically expensive to attend, much less exhibit at, so it becomes paramount to optimize your decision-making process – especially if you are self-insured or represent yourself, or a client, much like health insurance brokers do.
So, what are some further points of consideration you believe to be crucial in selecting shows to attend in 2017? We’d like to hear from you!